We offer training for schools and partnerships of schools in the Storytelling Schools method. Schools wishing to adopt this method will learn the key elements of the system step-by-step:
- TELLING: How to tell a story and teach your class to retell it.
- DEEPENING: How to immerse your class in the language and content of the story through drama, poetry, song, dance, reading, writing and linking across the curriculum.
- CREATIVE WRITING: How to demonstrate and teach writing through shared writing practice.
- STORY RECYCLING: How to create new stories from old.
- STORY CREATION: How to invent new stories using a simple one-stop-shop for storymaking.
- NON-FICTION: How to apply these same 5 elements to the teaching of non-fiction texts.
These are linked together into a single teaching scheme.
We also offer single focus workshops on elements of literacy, oracy and creative learning which can be adopted by teachers in any school.