We offer training for schools and partnerships of schools in the Storytelling Schools method. Schools wishing to adopt this method will learn the key elements of the system step-by-step:
- TELLING: How to tell a story and teach your class to retell it.
- DEEPENING: How to immerse your class in the language and content of the story through drama, poetry, song, dance, reading, writing and linking across the curriculum.
- CREATIVE WRITING: How to demonstrate and teach writing through shared writing practice.
- STORY RECYCLING: How to create new stories from old.
- STORY CREATION: How to invent new stories using a simple one-stop-shop for storymaking.
- NON-FICTION: How to apply these same 5 elements to the teaching of non-fiction texts.
These are linked together into a single teaching scheme.
We also offer single focus workshops on elements of literacy, oracy and creative learning which can be adopted by teachers in any school.
Learn more about training packages to become a storytelling school.