History Through Stories
Chris Smith PhD, Adam Guillain and Nanette Noonan
Stories bring history to life, and getting children to retell these stories can transform their learning. This collection has strong links to English and the national curriculum and is designed to engage children with history. Here is a one stop shop for primary history with both stories and follow-up activities. These stories have all been classroom tested and are written in a storytelling voice for ease of use. This innovative approach to history will enliven your classroom.
This book includes:
- An introduction to the Storytelling Schools model and tips on telling.
- How to use stories as a springboard for teaching Primary History.
- 37 stories linked to History.
- Photocopiable pages for use in school, plus an index.
- Many activities linked to the topics.
- Ways to engage reluctant learners through storytelling.
The book is suitable for teachers, home educators and parents of primary age children. For bulk purchase discounts please contact us directly.
Price £24.99 Published: 2023, Twinberrow Publishing
ISBN-13 : 979-8366474153